Olde English Bulldogges have many great attributes. Compared to other bulldog breeds, they have less of the health issues associated with standard brachycephalic breeds (characterized by a shortened muzzle) and are known for their excellent temperament. Here are some of their positive attributes:
- Good Temperament: They are trustworthy, loyal, protective, and loving.
- Friendly: They do well with other animals and small kids (when socialized and trained early).
- Athletic: They are athletic, hardy, and less sensitive to hot and cold climates compared to other brachycephalics.
- Hypoallergenic: Their coat type and coat dander do not trigger allergies in most sensitive individuals.
- Trainable: They are eager to please and do well when engaged in training activities.
- Good Health: Compared to other breeds, OEBs possess less of the commonly inherited negative bulldog traits (airway issues, hip issues, climate sensitivity, difficult births and breeding).